Hi, I'm Anahit
My story began in Armenia where I graduated Dental School before relocating to the United States. Amazingly, it was dentistry that lead me to flowers. I found myself drawn to the bright floral arrangements that arrived at the office regularly. Each week I would redesign the flowers to suit my personal taste which allowed me to experiment and explore my newfound interest without being bound by rules or restrictions. You should've seen the look on the driver's face, every time he came to pick up the old arrangement to replace with the new one... Looking at each design from an artists perspective my creations took on a sculptural style. Inspired by the thought that I had something creative to offer the floral industry, I became flower obsessed picking up blooms wherever I could on an endless search for floral education.
My first trip to local wholesaler sealed my fate when I fell head over heals in love with floristry. Almost immediately I began competing at a local level and quickly became a respected name in the floral world collecting numerous awards and accolades for my unique designs, attention to detail and meticulous mechanics. In early 2015 I began offering a series of workshops sharing my artistic floral techniques to designers eager to add new life to their work. My workshops are upbeat, edgy and always pushing the limits of traditional floristry allowing for unparalleled creativity.
In 2017 I started my journey to European Master Certification, that I went on completing and achieving highly coveted EMC credentials in October of 2018. While working toward EMC, she also pursued my American Institute of Floral Designers credentials in 2018. I received my Certified Floral Designer accreditation in April of 2018 followed by successfully completing my PFDE testing in July of 2018 in Washington DC. I got inducted to AIFD in summer of 2019 in Las Vegas.
It is my passion for the industry that led me to start “Viva La Flora Live” Podcast followed by Floral Success Institute Mastermind. I discovered that I'm as excited about business as I am about design. I invested in my business education, hired coaches, attended business seminars and have been part of multiple masterminds... I just want to share all that I've learned with my fellow flower friends.
I’m proof that absolutely anyone can create and design a business that is something to enjoy and be profitable.
Hey, I’m Christi - floral guru, dog mama, wife to my hunky hubs ~Greg, Starbucks lover (but not for the coffee) and coach to creative entrepreneurs!
And, well, the floral AND business journey I’ve taken although amazing has had it’s winding, scary moments over the years.
(Here’s the trailer: It’s served up some real lessons in not letting fear hold us back from doing what we love whenever we hit the fog.)
I’ll back up over 3 decades ago when I was...
- Starting out in my mom’s garage (yep, I was a “Basement Betty” ~ I prefer to call us “Cottage Florists”! Heck Yeah!)
- 10 years into it, bought a pre-existing, but failing flower shop and turned it around
- Only to enter into a recession after the first 3 years when 9/11 hit
- Then managed to build a 7-figure floral business with retail & high-end event clientele
- Made it through another recession in 2008
- Opened a second (yes, 2nd!) location several years later in a luxury, historic Washington DC hotel, and built a team of 15
- Add-in opening a floral distribution warehouse to serve other florists in the DC area with direct purchasing world-wide
- Bringing me to the last five years, achieving long-desired personal goals of certification in floral design through AIFD (American Institute of Floral Design) and EMC (European Masters Certification).
- AND, most recently a certification as a NeuroCoach (it sounds very high-science, AND it is. It's all about how the brain works and how we get to change what holds us back.)Which brings me to date...
Proud shareholder of EMC International (I know, right? Who knew, I would get to be COO of an International floral education school? It really makes my heart sing!)
AND, business coach, consultant, and educator to many creative entrepreneurs, which, I hope you’re one of them!
I have a career that I love, but I’ve also had many lessons that I’ve gleaned along the way. Many that I want to share with you…
- Find your life purpose and get the business you love
- Learn how to conserve, protect, manage & grow your life AND business
- Add efficiency and profitability to your business
- Taking big leaps even when they seem like risks
And most importantly, saying HECK YES to things that light you up and NO WAY to the things that don’t.
Time is precious, and if you’re looking for a sign that something’s gotta change - THIS IS IT.
I’ll be coaching you every step of the way - we’re in this together!
At Floral Success Institute we help florists to achieve their full potential, not only in business, but in their life by providing personalized, strategic business coaching.
This is a coaching model like no other!
Aligns deeply with our mission in that we practice what we preach. Our systems will continue to evolve over time. As you know, nothing ever stays the same for long.
While technology, marketing, and the cost of business continue to evolve, we are committed to aligning with the best and the brightest. Our goal is to deliver up-to-date business management techniques along with "family-like" accountability coaching and community.
Just Contact Us, We Are Here To Help!
Your information is safe and will not be shared with anyone.